What is a ping?
A ping is basically a special type of message sent to a ping-server to make the server aware that your site has added new content. The updateserver will then list your article automatically to it's blogpost listings, and you'll hopefully experience more traffic to your website.
This makes it possible to ping update services whenever you create a new article in a certain section. You can specify as many update services as you like, but we recommend that you stick to about 10 services to not slow down your article creating. If you don't know what ping is, then you really missed something. This is something that almost every blogging plattform uses. A ping i basically a shout out to an update server, that your site has fresh content.
- Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 native
- Automatically ping servers when an article is saved
- Specify as many pingservers as you like
- Choose to ping newly created articles or even updated articles
- Specify which article categories to ping
- Works in both frontend and backend
- Languages included: