A major Facebook update has occured. If You experience any problems, be sure to download the latest version of the plugin.
This way all your Facebook fans instantly knows when your site have updated contents.The plugin will post to a Facebook Page or your personal wall. It automatically creates a Facebook link with description and picture. As simple as that.
Since this is a K2 plugin for Joomla, The extension K2 2.5 is required to run this plugin.
- Joomla 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 native
- Tested on K2 2.5+
- Automatically post new K2 items to Facebook.
- Post to a Facebook Page or your personal Facebook wall.
- Post as admin or as yourself
- Specify which article categories to post
- Works in both frontend and backend
- Languages included:
- Joomla 1.5 or later
- K2 2.5 or higher
- Twitter account
- PHP 5.2
- JSON support (included in PHP 5.2)
- cURL support (included in PHP 5.2)
No Image shared with the link?
Facebook autmotically scans your page in search of a proper image to use. If Facebook fails to find an image, this is usually cased by some error in you HTML code on your page. To see why Facebook fails, you could type in your url in the Facebook debugger to get a diagnose:
What version should i choose?
There are three versions of the plugin, and this table compares the different version so that you get the right version.
|Plugin||Joomla 2.5||Joomla 1.5 - 1.7||Joomla 1.5 - 1.7 with K2|
- Completelly rewritten to work with the latest Facebook oAuth update.
- small fix to catch a rare error on some K2 installations
- Small fix in a function using deprecated PHP function.
- Plugin now only displays messages in the backend when message display is activated
- Small fix when K2 items are missing categories, on some servers
- Setting Post as admin now defaults to Yes
- Setting Display messages now defaults to Yes